What would this mean for Freeman?
- This brings more business to our community
- Current businesses would find more foot traffic
- Stimulates job growth to assist with increased citizen growth:
- Construction of new homes/renovations
- Large businesses' marketing promotes the towns they are located in = more visibility
- New families could create new business opportunities
- Could be located in our empty locations on major streets and fill homes sitting vacant.
- Less need to travel out of Freeman for resources
- Two schools would benefit from additional tax revenue and higher learning standard
- More business revenue lowers everyone’s taxes as a whole
- Teachers will better incentives to choose Freeman with more opportunity for their family
How New Jobs Affect a Community in Revenue
*Assume a light manufacturing company such as a computer and electronics production company located into Freeman.
Additional Employment Created: 1.5572
Addtional Payroll Generated: $1.05
For every 25 new jobs created with an annual salary of $35,000 in the Freeman Community, the results are as follows with the example of (New Jobs) x (Average Salary): 25 X $35,000 = $875,000
(Additional Payroll) = (Increase revenue in the community)
$875,000 X $1.05 = $918,750.00
What does this mean for Freeman?
- Reputation of a community that focuses and is organized to “take care of their own”. Programs in place to utilize the most out of the talents located in Freeman
- Shows interest and sense of security to local business owners when the town takes pride in their business’ value
- Creates a tourism destination for visitors to enjoy
- Walk down a main street with window shopping, unique shops and welcoming atmosphere
- Picturesque locations to create memories families want to recreate year after year
- Fishing at The Arboretum
- Schmeckfest exhibits and authentic German food
- High quality Productions and Musical talents at both the high school and amateur levels
- Nostalgic lifestyle with the modern day technology
How New Jobs affect a Community's Demographics
*Assume workers live and work in the Freeman Community and housing value is, on average $150,000.
Number of New Jobs: 25
Number of New Residents for the Community: 37.5
Number of New School Children: 4
Number of Households: 12
Number of New Retail Establishments: 1
Number of Housing Units Demanded: 10
Estimated Residential Property Tax Receipts: $32,742
*Statistics from Planning and Development, District Three